BANANA AND MANUKA HONEY MUFFINS
I don’t believe there is any better smell in the world than baking a fresh batch of banana and Manuka Honey muffins. These muffins are perfect served at breakfast or for dessert, topped with sliced strawberries and drizzled with Manukora Manuka Honey 5+ for a perfect snack.
GLUTEN FREE | VEGETARIAN | DAIRY FREE OPTION
Serves 12 small muffins or 6 large café style muffins
2 cups almond meal
2 bananas, mashed
3 tbsp. Manukora Manuka Honey 5+
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup coconut or Greek yoghurt
4 tbsp. skim milk or almond milk for a vegan alternative
2 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°Cor 320°F.
- Grease a muffin tray to ensure mixture won’t stick to the sides.
- Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and place mixture into prepared muffin tray.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes until cooked through. To check this, simply place a butter knife in the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean it is ready. If not, pop muffins back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Serve warm or wrap and take to work for a morning tea snack!
Storage Directions – Place in an airtight container, muffins will last up to four days.