Here at Manukora Limited (Manukora, we, us, our), we care about your privacy and are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act). This privacy statement sets out how we collect, store, use, disclose and protect your personal information as well as how you can access and correct any information we hold about you.
“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual and includes your name, contact details, location, billing and purchase information, as well as the content of any interactions you have with us.
You may choose not to provide your personal information to us, or limit the personal information you provide, and you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide to you certain products and/or services if you do so.
What personal information do we collect?
- contact information
- billing information
- purchase information
- your interactions with us
- information about the device you use to access the website, including your IP address and information about your device
- information about your visit to the website, including the pages you access, products you view, links you click on, etc.
- your credit card or billing details if you make an order from the website
- survey information and spend data for our loyalty programs
- your current location when you use our website
- any other personal information you otherwise provide to us
- Information we collect about you from reputable third parties
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect this information when you:
- Access and use our website or other online services such as our social media pages, gated platforms, apps, email communication and subscription services (see our note about Cookies and other monitoring devices below).
- Purchase products from us
- Otherwise interact with us
Cookies and other monitoring devices
- To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our website, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services or other similar or related products or services that we think you may be interested in
- To measure traffic patterns
- To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our products and services
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you
- To measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website or apps
We may also collect other statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve it. We use Google Universal Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website. The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- The first three parts of the IP address of the device;
- The pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on;
- The date and time the site was visited;
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows 7, Mac OSX) on the device used;
- The type of web browser used (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- Other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/anonymous
- Bing: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in order to:
- identify you when you visit our website or contact us
- process and ship the products you have ordered
- take payments and provide refunds
- deliver your products
- provide you with updates on the status of your order
- provide customer support
- send you account and service updates, such as order confirmations and updates to our terms and conditions
- send you information about our promotions, products, and services
- manage your participation in any promotions you choose to participate in
- improve our website and service experience
- help us to design or develop targeted marketing or promotional campaigns
- for other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act
How and why do we share or disclose your personal information in New Zealand and overseas?
We may share your personal information:
- with our employees
- with our courier service provider
- where we are required by law to do so
Where we engage third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Third parties may only use your information in accordance with our instructions and we require any third party to protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to foreign agencies outside New Zealand. Where we do so, we will ensure that the foreign agency is required to protect your personal information in a way that overall provides comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act (e.g. by entering into an agreement with the foreign agency).
How do we store your personal information?
Your personal information is protected by appropriate security safeguards (including physical, electronic, operational and transmission safeguards) that protect your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or other misuse. For example, we keep your personal information safe by storing it in encrypted files and only allowing certain staff to access it.
What about privacy breaches?
If your personal information is subject to a privacy breach, we will investigate and assess whether such privacy breach has or is likely to cause you serious harm, and we will notify you and the Privacy Commissioner if appropriate.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep your personal information for as long as we require it. Sometimes this requirement will be mandated by law (e.g. we retain invoice information for seven years to fulfil our tax obligations).
What about email, text and other electronic communications
By subscribing to emails, text and other electronic communications or otherwise providing your email address, mobile number or other electronic address, you consent to receiving electronic messages (including emails and/or texts) which promote and market our products and services or the products and services of others.
You can unsubscribe from our electronic messages at any time by following the "unsubscribe" link in the message or by emailing our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have unsubscribed from our electronic communications, we will remove you from our marketing list as soon as practicable.
Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 11/05/2023
How can you access and/or correct your personal information?
You have the right to receive confirmation about whether we hold personal information about you, and to access that information (subject to any applicable exceptions in the Privacy Act).
You also have the right to request the correction of your personal information we hold and that we attach a statement of correction to such personal information where we do not make the correction sought.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to access or correct the personal information we hold about you and we will respond as soon as practicable.
How can you make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint about our privacy practices you can contact our Privacy Officer directly, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you remain unsatisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you can also make a complaint to the UAE Privacy Commissioner.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time and notify you of any such changes by publishing an updated privacy statement on our website. We recommend that you check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
This privacy statement is effective from 07/12/2021.