- Manuka honey's nutritional profile can help support overall health and wellness in many different ways.
- The nutrients in Manuka honey give way to various health benefits.
- This delicious indulgence is easy to include in your lifestyle, including eating it straight, using it as a sweetener, or drizzling as a topping.
Manuka Honey: Nourishing Your Health Lifestyle
Often it feels like tasty foods and healthy foods are in completely separate categories. However, raw Manuka honey is one of the rare foods that ticks both of these boxes and more.
This delicious liquid gold comes from the Manuka tea tree in New Zealand. The natural nutrients found uniquely in this plant give Manuka honey a range of impressive health benefits. When you choose raw Manuka honey, you can support your healthy lifestyle while also enjoying a delicious addition to your regular routine.
The Magic of Manuka: A Nutritional Profile
Manuka honey has gained extensive popularity for its potential to support your overall health. Although many honey types offer benefits, Manuka honey exists in a class of its own. The real powers of Manuka honey rely on its impressive nutritional profile.
Similar to other forms of honey, Manuka honey has active properties and works great as a natural sweetener. However, Manuka honey sets itself apart from other forms of honey in several ways. Manuka honey contains multiple bioactive compounds and nutrients not found in other honeys, and these properties provide powerful wellness support.
The health-promoting nutrients in Manuka honey include:
- Methylglyoxal – Methylglyoxal (MGO) is a compound unique to Manuka honey and is responsible for providing it with its antimicrobial properties. The best Manuka honey features an MGO rating that indicates the potency of the compound in the honey. The higher the potency, the higher the benefits.
- Antioxidants – Manuka contains significantly higher levels of antioxidants than regular honey. 70% of these are from Leptosperin, a powerful antioxidant from the Manuka nectar that is not found in any other honey or food.
- Prebiotics – Manuka contains a range of prebiotics, including a unique oligosaccharide called ‘panose’.
With these special nutrients, Manuka honey provides support in a range of areas and gives it unique powers not found in any other honey.
Health Benefits of Manuka Honey
Many people enjoy honey because of its sweet taste. Manuka honey has a bolder caramel taste profile that is slightly less sweet, but this delicious flavor also comes with so much more. Thanks to the special nutrients found in this super honey, you can enjoy a wide range of potential benefits when you add Manuka honey to a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet.
Supports Digestive Health
Consuming Manuka honey can support a healthy digestive system in a wide range of ways. Manuka honey has also been shown to have some prebiotic properties, helping to support the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. Beneficial gut bacteria play an essential role in supporting the proper function of the digestive system and breaking down food.
Another benefit of consuming Manuka honey is its ability to promote a healthy balance of bacteria in the stomach, which can support a healthy stomach lining.
Supports Immune Health
The antibacterial properties of the nutrients in Manuka honey can play a significant part in helping to support a healthy immune system.
Your immune system is constantly working to keep pathogens out of your body. Studies have shown that Manuka honey, with its MGO content, can inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. By helping to keep negative bacteria at bay, Manuka honey can be a great support to your immune system working to do the same thing.
Provides Clean, Long-Lasting Energy
On top of the many direct benefits of Manuka honey, this special form of honey offers benefits in choosing it alone. Manuka honey has a lower glycemic index (GI) than sugar, which means that it is less likely to spike your blood sugar unlike other sweeteners. By acting as an alternative to sugar and other sweeteners, Manuka honey may also support healthy energy levels.
Versatile Uses of Manuka Honey
One of the best parts about Manuka honey is that it doesn’t take much effort to enjoy the benefits. There are so many ways to include this delightful honey in your lifestyle.
Some great uses of Manuka honey include:
- Take it straight – Enjoy a creamy caramel treat without the guilt. Just take a spoonful of Manuka honey and let it slowly melt in your mouth.
- As a functional sweetener – The ultimate replacement for refined sugar. Add Manuka honey to your favorite meals or beverages (just avoid exposing it to excessive heat, such as baking or BBQ, which can degrade certain bioactive properties.).
- As a topping – Top off your toast, ice cream, yogurt, or oatmeal with Manuka honey to boost the yumminess and functionality.
No matter how you choose to enjoy this bit of sweetness, make it a part of your routine to support a healthy lifestyle. We recommend taking about one to three heaping teaspoons each day.
Add Manuka Honey to Your Daily Routine
Not only is Manuka honey a great source of antioxidants and nutrients with a wide range of health benefits, but it is also incredibly yummy. With this one-two punch, adding Manuka honey into your daily routine is an excellent choice to keep your taste buds and your health happy.
At Manukora, we produce raw, delicious Manuka honey of the highest grade using ethical production practices. All of our honey undergoes third-party testing that we make available through our QR trace system.
We ensure each batch of our Manuka Honey meets the highest standards of purity and taste. For those who prefer precise dosing, our Manukora Dose Spoon is perfect for enjoying our MGO 850 Manuka Honey with its rich, caramel flavor.
Our dedication extends beyond just producing honey; we honor and preserve the traditions of Manuka honey production. Furthermore, we invite you to explore the art of Manuka Honey Tea Crafting to enhance your tea experience with our honey's unique taste.
We also share insights about the Manuka tree, crucial to our honey's distinct flavor. Join our journey and be part of our latest updates in June Sweet Talks with Manukora for more fascinating honey insights.
The creamy texture and caramel taste make it easy to indulge in this Honey with Superpowers™ guilt-free. Explore our full collection of Manuka honey to experience the creamy caramel goodness for yourself.